Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Memories of India

As some of you may know, this past weekend I participated in a walk to stop child trafficking with my church community at MSNY. Despite the rain, the event was a huge success and the organization has raised close to $400k. Thank you to those of you who contributed through my fundraising page. Your donations and support are greatly appreciated. For those of you who haven't had a chance to give and would still like to, donations are accepted through December 31st.

Taking part in the walk reminded me of India missions back in '06. I was sad, remorseful, and most of all ashamed for having forgotten about the children I met and the mothers I talked with in the red light districts of Mumbai. When I got home I started reading back through my journals on the trip and got a chance to reflect on my experience there. I remember feeling so heartbroken for that nation but hopeful at the same time because God was showing us that He was already training up His workers to bring the good news of Christ to those areas where you'd think all was lost.

To be honest, it's been a while since I've last prayed for the Navjeevan Orphanage or for Uncle George's NTC seminary school. And this weekend reminded me just how 'out of sight, out of mind' I am. I don't know if I'll ever get a chance to go back to India or see those girls from the orphanage all grown up, but they will always hold a special place in my heart and in my prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home