Saturday, November 28, 2009

Give Thanks

Thanksgiving is always a huge 3 day feast for my family. We had a little bit of everything--day 1: traditional Thanksgiving meal--turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, the whole shabang, day 2: dinner with Jeannie & Soonjae (my cousin and her husband from Philly)--steak & Korean food, and finally, day 3: my birthday dinner--ribs, sashimi, & shrimp.

You can imagine how I must feel after eating all of that the past 3 days and not going to the gym, once. I feel like a whale. Please! No more food! Haha. It was really great seeing my cousin Jeannie and my sister from school and the past couple of days have made me realize how thankful I really am for my family. I've always had my own personal issues with my family but recently, they've become my closest friends. Despite our rough history, my family and I have overcome a few obstacles but there are plenty more we need to get through. In the end, family's all you've really got. They'll always be there for you no matter what happens or no matter how much you change. They'll love you for you.

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving break with your families and I hope you've had a chance to reflect on all the blessings in your lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home